NEWS – Recruitment, Sept. 2018
A post-doctoral fellowship in the areas of data science and machine learning is available at the DAMI research chair.
The post-doctoral fellow, in collaboration with the industry partner, BNP Paribas Cardif, will conduct research of advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms for actuarial sciences and insurance, and in particular, for improving risk-based pricing, and for developing predictive analytics.
In its first period (2010-2015), the Chair Management of Modelling in Assurance, financed by BNP Paribas Cardif, was interested in the use of mathematical models for human decisions processes in insurance companies to enable them to adapt to a changing world.
In September 2015, BNP Paribas Cardif has renewed its confidence in the SAF laboratory for a new period of 5 years on Data and Models in Insurance whose work focuses on:
MODELS FOR INSURANCE
- Risk measures and performance indicators for insurance risk management
- Governance of internal models and attitudes of top management with respect to models
- Customer behaviour and risk attitudes
- Proxies, model points and advanced simulation techniques for risk management
- Sequential testing of actuarial assumptions and updating issues
DATA ANALYTICS FOR INSURANCE
- Governance for data analytics, new business models with big data and analytics
- Risk-based pricing, predictive analytics, machine learning & deep learning
- Internet of things, connected ecosystems and new opportunities for insurers
- Privacy concerns, data anonymization, open data